Grant in Aid Program (GIA)
Application Period: October 21, 2016 – December 5, 2016
Grant in Aid provides operating funding to eligible non-profit public/private organizations in Harford County whose missions meet the purpose of providing public service programs which provide housing and prevention services.
The purpose of the grant program is to enhance the ability of public & private sector organizations to provide housing and homeless services to citizens.
The funding source is Harford County. Grant in Aid is administered by the Harford County Department of Housing & Community Development Division. The Community Development Review Board reviews applications and makes funding recommendations.
All organizations receiving grant funds from Harford County will enter into an agreement with the county. All grantees must comply with financial and programmatic procedures and submit required forms.
Funding RequirementsQualifying Applicants must:
• Be incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizationApplicants are prohibited from using funding to promote or further non-secular purposes.
• Primarily serve the low to moderate income and be able to document who is served
• Serve homeless, at-risk for homeless and/or provide affordable housing
• Be soundly managed, financially accountable and provide proof thereof (Professional Audit required)
• Hold activities in spaces available to the disabled
• Meet the needs of the visually and hearing impaired, upon notification of need
Examples of Organizations Funded
- Homeless Prevention Services
- Harford Community Action Agency
- Mason-Dixon Community Services
- The Success Project
- Associated Catholic Charities-Anna's House
- Harford Family House
- Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna
Application will be posted here October 25, 2016
To save a Word file to your local computer:
PC: Right-click the link to the document and select Save Target As...
Macintosh: Click the link and the document will download to the desktop.
You will now be able to open the Word file in Microsoft Word (full version) and enter values in the form, save it as a new file and print it for submission. Note: You will need the full version of Microsoft Word to actually edit the content of a document.