Vision: Harford County's vision for combating homelessness is to provide a network of programs and support services to:
- Prevent homelessness as often as possible.
- Coordinate care for homeless individuals and families so they may become self-sufficient as quickly as possible.
- Develop more affordable, permanent housing for individuals and families, especially those with disabilities.
Mission: Harford County's homeless citizens represent its most vulnerable population. The goal of the County is to try and address the complex issues contributing to homelessness in our community.
Prevention activities to aid the homeless:
- The Harford Roundtable is a committee formed to create a network of services needed to help a homeless person or family become self-sufficient. This is known as a "Continuum of Care", and the Harford Roundtable develops and executes the plans in the Homeless Continuum of Care System.
- The Community Development Review Board (CDRB) comes together to review and make recommendations for the funding that’s awarded for activities that support the goals outlined by the County in the Consolidated Plan (FY2009-Fy2011), which is the County’s plan to serve it’s low-income residents.