Choose Your Path
A Prevention Program for Harford County's Youth
About the program
Choose Your Path is a drug, alcohol and mental health education program for youth in grades 6 to 12 in Harford County. Presented by the Harford County Office of Drug Control Policy, the program was inspired by surveys from local teens revealing details about their lives and the influences that shape their decisions.
Our goal is to help teens stand up to self-pressure, peer pressure and negative influences, and to help them make informed decisions based on facts about drugs and alcohol. Teens will learn how mental health issues and stress can lead to drug use, and learn healthy coping skills. Making our youth aware of the influences around them better prepares them to make educated decisions.
Class location and schedule
McFaul Activity Center
525 W. McPhail Road
Bel Air, MD 21014
Saturday, June 26, 2021 | 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday, July 31, 2021 | 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
To inquire about our upcoming classes, please email email@example.com or click here for online registration
Classes are free; lunch and snacks are provided for in-person classes
- Drug, alcohol, and mental health education
- Interactive activities
- Group discussions
- Local community speakers
For more information, read the Program Brochure (PDF)
- Students will actively participate in the program and complete all assigned activities.
- Appropriate language and behavior is expected of each student throughout the session.
- Cell phone use during the presentations is strictly prohibited.
- Appropriate dress is required. No hats, bandannas, tank tops, revealing attire, or clothing advertising alcohol or drugs.
- Students will arrive on time and will remain for the duration of the program.
- No smoking is allowed by the students during the entirety of the program.