Yard Trim Drop-Off Sites
- The Tollgate Residential Yard Trim Acceptance Facility will be closed July 28, 29, & 30 for the Harford County Farm Fair. Customers can visit the Harford Mulch & Compost Facility at Scarboro during that time.
YARD TRIM IS NOT ACCEPTED IN PLASTIC BAGS
Plastic bags are difficult and costly to remove from yard trim as we process it into mulch and compost. Eliminating plastic bags for drop-off will help us make better products, save taxpayers money and protect our environment.
Yard trim can be dropped off loose, in bundles, in paper bags or cardboard boxes, or emptied from reusable containers such as trash cans, totes, or plastic bags. For customers with curbside pickup, please contact your hauler as their requirements may vary.
PROOF OF ORIGIN
Proof of residency (valid Maryland Driver's License) required for residential customers to dispose at Tollgate Residential Drop-Off Facility or the Mulch and Compost Facility.
Commercial customers must provide a work order showing the yard trim originated in Harford County. The work order must be dated within 3 business days of the current date, include the address of the work performed, and the type of work performed. Commercial customers may only utilize the Mulch and Compost Facility for disposal.
|Drop-Off Sites||Hours of Operation|
|Harford Mulch & Compost Facility
3139 Scarboro Road
Street, MD 21154
7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sales are Monday - Saturday, 7 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Tollgate Residential Yard Trim
April - November: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Acceptable yard trim
- Brush and bush trimmings (maximum 6 feet long, 6 inches wide)
- Christmas trees
- Flower and vegetable garden plant material
- Grass clippings
- Tree trimmings (maximum 6 feet long, 6 inches wide)
Unacceptable yard trim
- Construction and building materials
- Diseased and infested plant material
- Fencing and fence posts
- Landscaping ties
- Logs (exceeding 6 inches in diameter)
- Manufactured wood and lumber
- Noxious weeds
- Plastic bags
- Poison ivy, oak and sumac
- Railroad and telephone pole timbers
- Shrub/tree root balls