Hotel Relief Grant Program - Round 2
Harford County has been granted funds from the State of Maryland RELIEF Act through the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF) to provide assistance to qualifying hotels and bed and breakfasts with ongoing COVID-19-related expenses. The program is the second round of funding being administered on behalf of the State of Maryland to hotels in Harford County. The purpose of the grant is to promote and encourage stabilization in the hospitality industry in Maryland. The final amount of the hotel relief grant awards will be determined by the total number of qualified applicants. Priority funding will be granted to eligible establishments that have not yet received any COVID-related relief funding through the State of Maryland, which includes the first round of the Hotel Relief Grant Program administered through Harford County. All Harford County hotels and bed & breakfasts meeting eligibility are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should thoroughly review the eligibility and application process below and read the Frequently Asked Questions as applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Submission of an incomplete or inaccurate application may result in ineligibility for program funding. Harford County is committed to timely review and processing to ensure award recipients can apply this resource to the successful continuation of business operations.
For translation services, please call 410-638-3059.
Harford County received $462,282.49 through the program and the final amount of the hotel relief grant awards will be determined by the total number of qualified applicants.
Use of Funds
Funds received must be used for the following purposes:
- Normal operating costs, such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service
- Purchase of PPE, sanitization services or other COVID-19 related costs not covered through prior grant funds
Funds may not be used to fund items outside of their normal operating cost. Prohibited costs include the following, which are not directly related to COVID-19 prevention:
- Purchase of equipment and soft goods
- Infrastructure improvements
- Technology upgrades
To qualify, the hotel:
- Must be located in Harford County;
- Must own, rent, or lease a permanent location in Harford County that is open to the public for accommodations;
- Must be primarily engaged in NAICS code 72110 (Hotels [except Casino Hotels] and Motels) or NAICS code 721191 (Bed and Breakfast Inns);
- Must be in good standing with Harford County;
- Must not currently be in default on any loans from Harford County or delinquent on any taxes, fees, or other charges owed to Harford County.
- For franchises only: For franchises with multiple locations, the franchisee MUST be a Maryland resident, in good standing with the state of Maryland and demonstrate need related to COVID-19 hardship.
Business MAY receive a grant allocation from the Hotel Relief Grant even if they have already received funding through another Harford County COVID-19 Business Relief Grant program; however, priority funding will be given to first-time COVID-19 grant funding recipients. If you applied for other relief grants and were deemed ineligible because your business did not meet criteria for eligibility, you may still be eligible for the Hotel Relief Grant Program – Round 2 and are encouraged to apply.
If you have carefully reviewed the program eligibility guidelines and determined your business does not qualify for this funding source, please visit https://govstatus.egov.com/md-coronavirus-business to be redirected to the State of Maryland’s Coronavirus Information for Business website. The site is updated with new information frequently and features federal and state funding programs as well as the Maryland Unemployment Insurance portal.
Required Supporting Documentation
ALL FORMS ARE FILLABLE – Please download and type directly into the fillable fields before printing out for your legal INKED signature. Applicant must submit the documents provided – no substitutes allowed.
- Fully-completed (typed) application (handwritten applications will not be accepted EXCEPT where a legal inked signature is required);
- Completed W9 form;
- Completed Direct Deposit Form. The Direct Deposit Form is also known as the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Form.
Please note: The subject line of your email submission must contain your business name.
Submit COMPLETE AND ACCURATE application with all required supporting documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your business name as the subject line. It is imperative that all applicants ensure the accuracy of their legal business name and address when completing and signing their application, W9, and Direct Deposit/EFT forms.
Ways Your Application Can Fail
- Failure to submit a complete and accurate application
- Failure to submit application corrections before the deadline
- Application is handwritten, i.e. not electronic and typed except where legal inked signatures are required
- Application is attempted before April 21 at 8:00 a.m.
- Application email does not have your organization name as its subject line
DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATIONS MORE THAN ONCE – Applicants will receive an email confirming their submission.
Applicants will receive email notifications confirming receipt of their application. If an incomplete application is received, the applicant will be notified of the issue and asked to resubmit. However, the applicant’s place in the queue will not be saved.
If the applicant does not receive a confirmation email that the application was received, please email COVIDgrantinformation@harfordcountymd.gov for manual confirmation.
If you need assistance with assessing your eligibility or compiling the needed documents for your application, we advise that you first consult with your financial or legal advisers.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 5 AT 5:00 P.M.