Grant in Aid provides operating funds to eligible non-profit public/private organizations in Harford County whose missions meet the purpose of providing public service programs that provide housing and prevention services.
The purpose of the grant program is to enhance the ability of public and private sector organizations to provide housing and homeless services to citizens.
The funding source is Harford County. Grant in Aid is administered by the Harford County Department of Housing & Community Development Division. The Community Development Review Board reviews applications and makes funding recommendations.
All organizations receiving grant funds from Harford County will enter into an agreement with the county. All grantees must comply with financial and programmatic procedures and submit required forms.
Qualifying applicants must:
- Be incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization
- Primarily serve the low- to moderate-income and be able to document who is served
- Serve homeless, at-risk for homeless and/or provide affordable housing
- Be soundly managed, financially accountable and provide proof thereof (professional audit required)
- Hold activities in spaces available to the disabled
- Meet the needs of the visually and hearing impaired, upon notification of need
Applicants are prohibited from using funding to promote or further non-secular purposes.
Examples of organizations funded
Homeless prevention services
- Harford Community Action Agency
- Mason-Dixon Community Services
- The Success Project
- Associated Catholic Charities-Anna's House
- Harford Family House
- Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna