MissionHarford County Department of Public Works, guided by common sense, accountability and compassion, strives to plan, construct and maintain the infrastructure to deliver a transportation network, water, wastewater, solid waste management services and public facilities to enhance the quality of life for all.
The Department of Public Works is responsible for:
- Construction, maintenance and acceptance of the county roads, bridges and associated structures
- Management and construction of capital projects
- Management of solid waste including landfills and recycling
- Stormwater management and sediment control
- Traffic safety
- Water and sewer utilities, including water and wastewater treatment plants
- Water resources management
The Department of Public Works, under the management of the director of Public Works, consists of four major divisions:
Check our list of Frequently Asked Questions to see if you can find your question and answer. Another source of reference is the Department of Public Works staff directory, which would give you a telephone number to call to help with your question.
The material contained herein is for informational purposes only. To the extent the material contained herein may conflict with or be incomplete with respect to any law, regulation, or procedure, such law regulation, or procedure shall be controlling. No contract or agreement, express or implied, or any guarantee is created herein.