- Harford County Code, Article XIV, Section 9-87
The Harford County Community Mediation Commission provides citizens with an effective and efficient means to resolve disputes through mediation.
Members of this commission are appointed by the county executive and confirmed by the county council. Members will serve conterminous with the county executive, who will annually appoint a chair and vice-chair for the commission.
A summary of their duties include:
- Adopt rules and procedures for the administration of the mediation services
- Establish and maintain a voluntary mediation service for the citizens of Harford County
- Meet with the mediation coordinator and others as may be necessary
- Promote the mediation process and the participation of organizations and individuals in the county in the mediation process
- Report annually to the county executive and the county council as to the use and effectiveness of the mediation program