What is required in a plan?

Each Local Emergency Planning District must have a written plan that covers response to incidents involving hazardous materials. These plans cover who will respond and what roles they have in public safety, containment, cleanup and recovery from a incident.

Harford County maintains this plan and along with specialized planning for natural occurrences such as earthquakes, hurricanes and other severe weather. There are also special annexes for incidents occurring at Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station and Aberdeen Proving Ground with the chemical weapons stockpile.

This plan is available for public review at:

Emergency Operations Center

2220 Ady Road

Forest Hill MD 21050

Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Harford County Emergency Operations Plan, HAZMAT Annex is submitted yearly to the State Emergency Response Commission for review. Please call 410-638-4900 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Local Emergency Planning Committee?
2. Why was the LEPC formed?
3. Who serves on the LEPC?
4. What is required in a plan?
5. How do you know what to plan for?
6. How can I find out what hazards are in my community?
7. How do I obtain information on specific chemicals?
8. How do you plan for emergencies involving the transportation of chemicals?
9. How can I get help with all of my compliance requirements?
10. If there is an accident, how do I report it?
11. What should my facility plan include?
12. When is a written report required?
13. When does the LEPC meet?