When is a written report required?

Under Harford County Code, a written report can be required for any release of a hazardous material. Under SARA Title III certain releases require written reports to the Maryland Department of the Environment and to the Environmental Protection Agency. Failure to file these reports can result in fines up to $25,000 per day of non -compliance. Please call 410-638-4900 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Local Emergency Planning Committee?
2. Why was the LEPC formed?
3. Who serves on the LEPC?
4. What is required in a plan?
5. How do you know what to plan for?
6. How can I find out what hazards are in my community?
7. How do I obtain information on specific chemicals?
8. How do you plan for emergencies involving the transportation of chemicals?
9. How can I get help with all of my compliance requirements?
10. If there is an accident, how do I report it?
11. What should my facility plan include?
12. When is a written report required?
13. When does the LEPC meet?