When my property is seized, how do I get it back?
If you have reported property stolen and you locate the property, contact the police department you filed the crime report with and arrange with them to have the property picked up and turned over to you.

If your property has been seized during an arrest or the execution of a search warrant, you may call the State's Attorney's Office. If your property is needed for evidence or is subject to forfeiture, it is likely that it will not be returned.

Show All Answers

1. What information do I need when calling or visiting the State's Attorney's Office?
2. When my property is seized, how do I get it back?
3. How do I protect myself from the defendant?
4. When and how do I get my restitution?
5. If I do not agree with the outcome of a case, in which I was the victim, what can I do about it?
6. What will happen if I do not show up for court as a witness?
7. How can I drop the charges?
8. Who can I contact with a consumer protection question?
9. How can I find out my court date?
10. How do I know which Division is handling my case?