How do I protect myself from the defendant?
If you have been threatened or assaulted by the defendant or others and there is a continuing threat, you should contact the State's Attorney's Office to alert us. There are several options including the possibility of moving you and your family from the area or into a secure location or for victims of domestic violence, the loan of a cell phone.

Show All Answers

1. What information do I need when calling or visiting the State's Attorney's Office?
2. When my property is seized, how do I get it back?
3. How do I protect myself from the defendant?
4. When and how do I get my restitution?
5. If I do not agree with the outcome of a case, in which I was the victim, what can I do about it?
6. What will happen if I do not show up for court as a witness?
7. How can I drop the charges?
8. Who can I contact with a consumer protection question?
9. How can I find out my court date?
10. How do I know which Division is handling my case?