How can I get on the agenda to address the Council about a particular subject?
There are 3 ways you can address the Council on a particular subject:

You can always speak when the Council is holding a public hearing on that subject; the times and dates of such public hearings are advertised ahead of time from this website, in the local newspapers, posted on the County Council bulletin board in the Council office, and listed on the agenda that runs on Harford Cable Network.

Call the Council office prior to 4 p.m. the day of the meeting and ask to address the Council under the agenda item "Citizen Input". There is a time limit of three minutes and the subject cannot be one that is currently before the Council, such as zoning cases, legislation, etc. The Council's telephone number is 410-638-3343.

You can address the Council under the agenda item "Comments from Attending Citizens". This item is always the last item on the Council's agenda, so there is no guarantee as to what time the Council will reach it.

County Council

Show All Answers

1. Where can I call to get involved in women's issues/legislation?
2. How can I contact my representative to the Harford County Council?
3. When and where does the County Council meet?
4. How can I get on the agenda to address the Council about a particular subject?
5. How can I find out ahead of time what will be on the Council's agenda for a particular meeting?
6. Are there any other ways I can participate in the legislative process, such as advisory boards or commissions?
7. What does the Budget Advisory Board do?
8. What does the HarfordTV Advisory Board do?
9. What does the People's Counsel Citizen's Advisory Board do?
10. Where can I get information or assistance if I am concerned about a zoning case?
11. Why can't I discuss zoning cases with my Council representative?
12. Do I have a legal right to receive cable television service?
13. Who do I contact with question regarding the cable franchise agreement?
14. When a cable company installs a cable line in an easement that is on my property, is the company obligated to restore my property to the condition it was in prior to the installation?
15. Does the County Council regulate the prices charged by the cable companies for cable service?
16. Are answers to questions related to the cable franchise agreement these answers the same if I live in Aberdeen, Bel Air or Havre de Grace, or at Aberdeen Proving Ground?
17. Does Harford County have a noise ordinance?
18. Does the County have a law regarding the height of grass?
19. Does the County have a law that requires property owners to remove the snow on the sidewalks in front of their homes?
20. Is there any law regarding tree limbs or leaves that extend from one property over to another property?
21. Is there any law that governs the operations of Homeowners' Associations?
22. What is the County Transfer Tax and are there any exemption?