To address the need for homelessness assistance and supportive services, Congress appropriated $5 billion to perform four activities that must primarily benefit qualifying individuals and families who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or in other vulnerable populations. Activities include:
- Production or Preservation of Affordable Housing
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Supportive Services, Homeless Prevention Services, and Housing Counseling
- Purchase and Development of Non-Congregate Shelter
Harford County’s total HOME-ARP allocation is $1,821,904. Harford County will receive these funds following the submission of its allocation plan to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Housing and Community Development (HCD) will present its first DRAFT of the HOME-American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) Allocation Plan for Harford County, Maryland, the first substantial amendment to the FY2021-FFY2022 Annual Action Plan. HCD will hold a public hearing and comment session on January 10, 2023 at 9:00am at 220 S. Main St, Bel Air, MD 21014, Room 157. A second hearing and comment session will be held on January 13, 2023 at 1:00pm at 2021 Pulaski Highway, Havre de Grace, MD 21078.
The plan provides a summary of comments received through the public participation process, the state of the qualifying populations listed above, and an assessment of unmet needs and gaps in housing and shelter inventory. The plan also outlines how Harford County intends to distribute HOME-ARP funds per the needs and gaps determined through the citizen participation process.
Copies of the HOME-ARP Allocation Plan DRAFT are available at this link and at the following locations:
- Harford County Department of Housing and Community Development
- 11 Harford County Public Library branches
- Town of Bel Air-Town hall
- City of Aberdeen-City Hall
- City of Havre de Grace-City Hall
If you require special accommodations, please contact HCD at 410-638-3045 or Maryland Relay 711 (voice/tty).